You already use sitemaps for your WordPress pages. Now add your listings too. With XmlSiteMap you are just a few clicks away from a Google friendly XML sitemap(s) of your entire listings database. XmlSiteMap integrates seamlessly with Yoast. with a standalone WordPress sitemapper plugin or by itself. Version 2.0 works with ImageTamer to put your listing images in the sitemap too. XmlSiteMap is a must have for SEO.
Let’s face it. The reason you have a web site is to generate leads. In order to generate those leads online you have to be found. Getting found in the real estate business is tough. The big syndication sites own the front pages for the more generic search terms relating to properties in your area. Google loves sitemaps it appears, so why pass up the chance to serve up your listings to the big search engines? Your listings are more focused than “San Jose real estate”, so you have a better chance of finding prospects looking for just what you have.
- Maps any size listing database – Live on sites with over a million listings.
- Integrates with Yoast by adding your listings sitemaps to the Yoast site map index.
- Fully implements the XML sitemap specification.
- Simple yet comprehensive GUI makes setup a snap.
- Fully supports the Google image sitemap specification.
- Use template tags to compose autogenerated titles, captions and geographic locations.
- Sitemaps are gzip compressed for maximum performance – most files are 40MB+ uncompressed.
XmlSiteMap is under active development, so the included 1 year of support and updates has real value. We are committed to engaging with customers, so if you have a question or feature request just ask.
Put your website investment to its best use. Get XmlSiteMap today!
- In the Admin area select Features from the Help menu
- Upload the XmlSiteMap.zip file
- Click Install
- At the first popup click OK to install the module
- The second popup asks if this is a new installation. Click OK
- Select Features from the Help menu again to refresh the menus.
- On the Help menu select XmlSiteMap Settings and complete the above form. Click Update
- If your database is under 20k listings you can create the initial site maps using the Create Sitemap
- Below the Create Sitemap button find the Cron path and set up your cron job. Once per day late at night is recommended
- Submit your site to Google, Bing and Yandex
If you do not want to set up the cron job yourself we will be happy to do it for a small fee. As always full setup is available for a small fee.